Friday, October 10, 2008

Art

I have never considered myself an artist before. In fact, I felt some shame for thinking that I am one that qualifies as an artists. I considered myself more of a programmer who indulges in making "pweety pictures" with his computer. I consider the people I look up to as artist but I feel really weird whenever someone tells me that I can consider myself an artist since I am no longer an admirer of someone's work but a contemporary of their work.

My old friend, Chris Soprano(a phenomenal illustrator) hammered that point to me and I guess I will concede. To that end, I changed the link on the front page of my site from "About the Programmer" to "About the Artist."

Sheez, I still feel awkward seeing myself in that light.


1 Comments:

Blogger r. said...

Alas, I think everyone is an 'artist', some are just better than others! :-) I think your stuff is wonderful, and it's your humbleness that sets you apart! On my blog, I took a series of screencap from Flickr and your picture is one of them, I hope you don't mind. Of course I had the picture linked to your set on Flickr.

Hey, I think you're great! Keep up the fantastic work!!! In fact, I'm gonna add you on my sorry-ass Flickr page!

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home