Friday, September 02, 2011

Objective C Perlin Noise

As promised, here is the port of the Processing.org's Perlin Noise code to Objective C.
This is beta code so use at your own risk. It's what I used for the HTorsion part of the Grow Your Own app.

It works almost the same way as the Processing.org's version. You can find the reference for that over here:

For some horrible sample code, here's what I have for one of my functions:

noiseVal = [noise noiseX:(x1 -xCount)*noiseScale Y: (y1 -yCount)*noiseScale Z:noiseCount];

So, as you can see, it's similar to the Processing.org version.

Anyways, the source of the code can be found here:


Please don't expect any help on how to implement it. It's not because I don't want to help. It's because I have a horrible time looking at my old code and figuring out what exactly did I do to get it to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home